Sorry eclipse, but it was bound to happen. I installed eclipse on my laptop awhile back and had been suffering somewhat harsh just trying to prevent it from running out of PermGen space (yep, read all the docs, and verified that I was giving it more memory through the about section… it saw my changes). It’s always been a fight just making the bloody thing work right (it’s fine on my desktop though) and have been basically forced to restart glassfish before each redeployment.. argh!!!!
So, I suffered again trying to make eclipse work right on my laptop and spent a good two hours in eclipse irc channels… although I received lots of help and pointers, sadly nothing resolved my issue. Finally, I decided to give netbeans a try and, thank God, I don’t have any issues yet… I’ve done my 300th deployment now and no memory warnings, no bumps. And even better, redeployments seem to go pretty smoothly and take a couple seconds to do.
And gotta love HTTP monitor. 😉